Friday, June 5, 2009

THAI EASY FRIED RICE WITH RED CURRY PASTE






This fried rice recipe is the most popular type of fried rice in Thailand. I liked Thai food very much when compared to all foods because for the taste and the spicyness. I like spicy food so i always prefer Thai food. My hubby stopped eating spicy food so we stopped going to Thai restaurant. I planned to make on my own. I have to make lunch for myself alone so if i feel lazy or bored to cook i will make this recipe. It will not take so much time.

Thai fried rice is a very easy dish to make, and a great way to use up leftover rice to eat spicy and yummy recipe. We can also use fresh cooked rice.

Here u go my recipe......

Ingredients: ( For 1 person)

Cooked Jasmine rice or basmati rice - 1/2 cup (I used jasmine rice)
Garlic - 3-4 pods
Red curry paste - 2-3 tablespoon 
Thai Green chillies - 2-3 (to ur spice level)
Onion - 1/4 sliced  (optional)
Soy sauce - 1 or 2 tbsp 
Spring onion -  2-3
Coriander leaves - 2 springs
Olive oil - 1/2 tbsp 
Salt to taste 

Method:

Cooking of rice:
Heat 1 and 1/2 cup of water in a pan when it boils add jasmine rice and mix it occasionally with fork because it will be little sticky. Cook for 10-15 min and then drain the water and keep in refrigerator till you saute the onion and curry paste. 

For Saute:
Smash the garlic and Thai chillies in a Hand masher because this will bring out more flavour of garlic and chillies.
Place 1/2  Tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the smashed garlic and chillies and stir fry to 2-3 min to release the fragrance. Then add onion and saute it for 2-3 min.
Add red curry paste & stir fry for another minute then followed by the cooked rice. 
Mix and stir well and add salt to taste.
Add the soy sauce, spring onion and coriander leaves.

Note :
You can also use fried tofu cubes and basil to this recipe.





















1 comment:

  1. Thats looking so good and tempting.. my fav rice..

    ReplyDelete

Hi All !!
Thanks for stopping by Anu Yummy Recipes and thank you for your valuable and lovely comments it encourage me to do so much...

List Adds