Friday, May 8, 2009

TOMATO DOSAI

I remember those days when my mom use to make for Breakfast or dinner. It is very tasty and also easy to make. Instead of normal dosa , adai , this one will be little different. It can be done immediately after 1 hr we dont have to keep for fermentation.

After starting my own food blog , and interacting with so many wonderful food bloggers from different states , I get to see a glimpse of the real picture. Still at times Iam left wondering if I know how to cook them on my own.

Ingredients:
1 cup Boiled rice ( idly rice)
Dry red chillies - 4-5
Tomato - [small size - 4] [Big size - 3 or 2 ]
Curry leaves - 4 -5
Black pepper - 6-7
Hing - a pinch
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp

METHOD:
Soak rice and red chillies in water for 1 or 2 hrs.
After 1 hr grind the soaked rice and red chillies with tomatoes. Grind by adding little quantity of water just like making Idly batter.
Heat 1 tsp oil and make tadka with curry leaves & hing and add to the batter.Atlast add cumin seeds and black pepper corns to the batter.
Finally heat non-stick tawa and pour the batter and make a tasty tomato dosa.
Serve hot with coconut chutney..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All !!
Thanks for stopping by Anu Yummy Recipes and thank you for your valuable and lovely comments it encourage me to do so much...

List Adds