Oatmeal is very heart healthy with lot of fiber and lowers cholesterol, blood pressure. I love pancakes. Oatmeal pancakes is one of my favorite breakfast esp on Sundays. A perfect pancake to me should come out puffy, spongy, should have right level of sweet, invitingly colorful and should be a feast for nostrils. Here is what I enjoyed yesterday for breakfast:
1. Rolled or Old style or Irish Oats 1 cup
2. 100% whole wheat multi-purpose flour 1/2 cup
3. Egg white (or whole egg beat if you prefer) 1/2 cup
4. Baking powder 1 tsp
5. Agave for sweet 1 tblsp (or sugar if you prefer)
6. Blueberries 1/2 cup
7. Fat-free milk (1/2 cup)
8. 100% Maple syrup (cheap HFCS high-fructose corn syrup mix is no good for both health and taste)
Add oats to the milk and soak it for 3-4 hours or overnight in refrigerator. Add egg white, wheat flour, baking powder, agave (or sugar) and blend in processor / coffee grinder. Bring a non-stick pan to medium heat and pour 5 to 7 spoons of the mix (non-stick greasing stuff or oil is not really needed for pancakes). Turn it over in 1 to 2 minutes and take out once it becomes puffy and golden color.
Enjoy with 100% maple syrup and a small cube of butter if you wish. Perfect breakfast with coffee or fruit shake. What else... indulge into the bliss!
Welcome your thoughts...!